Applesauce Noodle Kugel
||1 hour and 10 minutes
||10 - 12
- 450 g (16 oz) applesauce
- 450 g (16 oz) egg noodles, wide
- ½ cup sour cream, fat free
- ¼ cup crumbs of crackers (Graham)
- 1 cup margarine, with reduce fat
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 ½ cups egg substitute
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Using a cooking spray, coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Fill the large pot with water, add salt and bring to boil.
- Place the noodles inside the boiling pot and cook for 8 - 10
minutes until firm.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Mix the egg substitute, margarine, vanilla extract, sugar, sour
cream, applesauce and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add raisins and
- In a serving dish, spread the cracker crumbs evenly.
- Place the noodle mixture over the crumbs. Place the cinnamon on
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven.