Asian Roasted Duck with Rice Noodles
- 500 g (18 oz) flat rice noodles, fresh
- 1.5 kg (3 lb) Chinese roast duck
- 2 cm x 2 cm (¾ inch x ¾ inch) piece ginger, julienned
- 3 small eggplants cut into 1 cm (½ inch) thick slices
- 3 ½ tablespoons of peanut oil
- 4 thinly chopped spring onions (scallions)
- 3 tablespoons torn basil
- 2 finely chopped, small red chillies
- ¼ cup Chinese barbecue sauce
- Get the crispy skin and meat from the duck, remove the carcass
- Slice the meat and skin finely. Place in a bowl.
- In a heatproof bowl with boiling water, soak the noodles
- Using your hands, separate the noodles gently.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Over high heat, heat a wok and add 2 ½ tablespoons of peanut
oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the eggpant and stir-fry for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Over high heat, heat the remaining oil in the wok.
- Cook the chilli, spring onion and ginger for 30 seconds,
- Bring the eggplant back to the wok.
- Add the basil, barbecue sauce and the duck, toss gently for 1 -
- Add the noodles and stir-fry for 1 - 2 minutes, until combined.