||20 minutes + 10 minutes cooling time + 4 hours
- 200 g (7 oz) mung bean vermicelli
- 2 Lebanese (short) cucumbers, seeded and juliened into 5 cm (2
- 2 spring onions (scallions), chopped
- 2 extra slice, spring onions (scallions)
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, light
- 2 tablespoons Chinese sesame paste
- ¼ teaspoon chilli oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Season the chicken breast with black pepper and salt.
- Place the spring onion on the bottom of a wok and topped with
- Pour in the stock gently cover and simmer over low heat for 10
- Remove the chicken and allow to cool. Reserving the liquid.
- In a heatproof bowl, place the vermicelli, add boiling water and
soak for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile for the dressing, mix the soy sauce, sesame paste,
chilli oil, rice vinegar and 150 ml (5 fl oz) of the reserved
- Place the mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Shred the chicken meat. Toss in a bowl with noodles, cucumber,
extra spring onion and dressing. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.