Chilli Shrimp Noodles
||25 - 30 minutes
- 125 g (4 ½ oz) chunked, firm tofu (bean curd)
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 4 finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, light
- 125 g (4 ½ oz) cellophane noodles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 2 sliced celery sticks
- 2 sliced carrots
- 125 g (4 ½ oz) peeled and cooked small shrimps
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 deseeded and finely chopped red chilli (small)
- celery leaves and fresh chillies to garnish
- In a small bowl combine the fish sauce, light soy sauce and
lemon juice or lime.
- Place the tofu into the bowl and toss until well coated.
- Cover and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl with boiling water, soak the noodles for 5
- Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- In a large frying pan (skillet) or a wok, heat the sesame oil
then add the red chilli, garlic and the shallots.
- Stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Place the sliced carrots and celery to the pan or the wok and
stir-fry for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Place the noodles into the pan or wok and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts, tofu, small shrimps and sauce mixture.
- Over medium high heat cook the mixture for 2 - 3 minutes.
- From the pan or wok, transfer the mixture to the serving dishes.
- Add the chillies and celery leaves then serve.