Chinese Chow Mein
- 100 g (3.5 oz) breast of chicken, cut into strips
- 550 g (19 oz) egg noodles, cooked
- 125 g (4 oz) Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 725 ml (24 fl oz) chicken stock
- 100 g (3.5 oz) fillet of pork, cut into strips
- 175 g (6 oz) abalone, sliced
- groundnut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons root of ginger, grated
- 150 g (5 oz) spring onions, chopped
- 175 ml (6 fl oz) oil
- 125 g (4 oz) bean sprouts
- 200 g (7 oz) bamboo shoots
- small arrowroot
- In a large frying-pan skillet, heat the groundnut oil and deep
fry the egg noodles.
- Remove the noodles from heat and set aside, reserving the oil.
- In a separate frying-pan or wok, heat 175 ml (6 fl oz) of oil
and fry the garlic and 2 teaspoon root of ginger.
- Add the abalone slices, bean sprouts, Chinese cabbage, spring
onions and bamboo shoots.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Bring the heat
to low, add the arrowroot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to the serving dishes.
- Top with vegetables and meat to serve.