Chinese Noodles in Peanut Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, dark
- 500 g (18 oz) flat noodles
For the Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce, dark
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce, light
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons wine of your choice or sherry
- ¼ cup of water
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 thinly sliced green onions.
- ½ cup sesame oil, dark
- 1 peeled and julienned carrot
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- ½ cup of hot water
- ½ cup of coarsely chopped rosted peanuts.
- ¼ cup of sugar syrup or honey
- ½ peeled, seedes and julienned cucumber
- In a large pot with water, place the noodles and bring to the
- Drain and rinse well with cold water. Set aside.
- Toss the noodles with dark sesame oil until mixed.
- To make the dressing, except for hot water, place all the
ingredients in the food processor and blend well until smooth.
- Transfer into a large bowl and thin with hot water.
- For the garnish, place the carrot in ice water for about 30
- Toss the noodles with the sauce, sprinkle with peanuts, carrot,
cucumber and green onion.
- Transfer to the serving dishes and serve.