Crab and Egg Noodle Broth
- 115 g (4 oz) white crab meat
- 75 g (3 oz) egg noodles, thin
- 1 chopped spring onions
- 25 g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 sliced celery stick
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 carrot, cut into batons
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 chopped coriander, to garnish
- pinch of celery salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan with salted water, place the noodles and
bring to boil.
- Drain and rinse well in cold water.
- In a large fryin-pan (skillet) heat the butter and add the
carrot, celery and onions. Cook over low heat for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the dry sherry and chicken stock, bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Place the noodles and crab meat to the pan with broth. Add
celery salt and cayenne pepper. Pour in the lemon juice. Stir.
- Bring the pan back to simmer.
- Ladle the broth into the bowl with the noodles, sprinkle with
parsley and chopped coriander.
- Serve immediately.