Creamy Mushroom Noodles
||5 - 10 minutes
- 250 g (9 oz) streaky bacon rashers with no rinds
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) milk
- 350 g (12 oz) noodles
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 250 g (9 oz) thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) double cream
- 100 g (4 oz) diced, cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 75 g (3 oz) grated Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 40 g (1 ½ oz) butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan with boiled salted water and oil, add the noodles
and bring to the boil.
- Remove the pan from heat. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold
- Meanwhile, heat the grill until very hot. Place the bacon and grill
- Drain on paper towels and cut into small strips. Keep warm.
- Pour the milk in the saucepan, add the mushrooms and simmer for 3
- Drain well, reserving half the milk. Keep warm
- Mix the reserved milk with beaten eggs and cream. Add the Cheddar
cheese, ham, half the parsley and salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the noodles. Toss gently
- Pour in the egg mixture and cream over noodles, toss again until
all ingredients are mixed well. Add the mushrooms.
- Remove from heat and transfer into the serving dishes. Place the
bacon on top and the remaining Parmesan and parsley.
- Serve immediately.