Dan Dan Noodles
||15 minutes + 20 minutes marinating
- 500 g (18 oz) minced, ground chicken
- 375 g (13 oz) fresh flat egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- ¼ cup of light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chilli bean paste
- 1 tablespoon Chinese sesame paste
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 thinly sliced, spring onions (scallions)
- In a bowl, combine the sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
and rice wine. Add the minced chicken and mix.
- Using a plastic wrap cover the mixture and marinate for 20
- Over high heat, heat a wok and add the peanut oil, swirl to
- Add the chilli bean paste, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 1
- Add the chicken mixture and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring to
break up any lumps.
- stir in the chicken stock, sesame paste, oyster sauce and the
remaining soy sauce.
- Reduce the heat to medium - low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan with boiling water cook the
noodles for 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Divide the noodles into the serving dishes.
- Place the spring onion to the chicken mixture. Spoon over the
noodles and serve.