- 400 g (14 oz) Hokkien egg noodles
- 200 g (7 oz) thinly sliced, Chinese barbecued pork
- 350 g (12 oz) prawns, medium (shrimp)
- 400 g (14 oz) baby bok choy, trimmed and leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons of peanut oil
- 90 g (3 ¼ oz) bean sprouts
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, dark
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 cup hot chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- In a heatproof bowl with boiling water, soak the noodles for 1
- Drain well and rinse.
- Peel the prawns, remove the tails by pulling it out gently.
- In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil over high heat. Add
the garlic and prawns and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Remove the wok from the heat.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat, add the pork,
the noodles and bok choy and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Pour in the soy and oyster sauces, chicken stock and the sugar.
- Bring the prawn and garlic mixture to the wok with the bean
sprouts and stir quickly for 1 - 2 minutes.