Miso with Ramen
||15 minutes + 15 minutes soaking
- 180 g (6 oz) fresh ramen noodles
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) silken firm tofu, cut into 1.5 cm (5/8 inch)
- 1 teaspoon dried wakame, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1 ¾ teaspoons dashi powder
- 2 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 - 3 tablespoons red miso
- In a bowl with tepid water, soak the wakame for 15 minutes.
- Drain well and allow to stand.
- In a large saucepan cook the noodles over boiling salted water
for 2 minutes until well cooked.
- Drain well and rinse then pour into four serving bowls.
- Place the spring onion and tofu on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 5 cups of water to boil.
- Bring down the heat to low and add the dashi powder, stirring
for 30 seconds or until thoroughly dissolved.
- Mix the miso and 1 cup of dashi stock in a bowl. Whisking until
- Bring the miso mixture to the saucepan until combined make sure
not to boil the broth because this will affect the flavour of the
- Add the mirin, wakame and soy sauce and stir thoroughly to mix.
- Ladle the broth over noodles, tofu and spring onion.
- Serve immediately.