Noodles Chinese Style
||10 - 15 minutes
- 500 g (18 oz) Chinese leaves, cut into 1 cm (½ inch) slices
- 100 g (4 oz) Chinese egg noodles
- 100 g (4 oz) chopped lean cooked ham
- 100 g (4 oz) bean sprouts
- 6 sliced spring onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh root ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan with salted water, bring the noodles to the
boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- In a large frying-pan or wok, heat the oil and add the ginger
and onions. Gently fry for 2 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped ham and Chinese leaves. Fry for another 2
minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Stir in the stock and soy sauce, add the bean sprouts and the
noodles. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the heat to medium and stir-fry the ingredients for 5
minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add seasoning if desired.
- Remove from heat and transfer to the serving dishes.