Noodles with Chilli and Prawns
- 450 g (16 oz) peeled raw tiger prawns (Gumbo shrimp)
- 250 g (9 oz) glass noodles, thin
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 deseeded and finely chopped red chillies
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablepsoons caster or palm sugar (superfine)
- 4 shredded lime leaves
- In a large bowl with boiling water, soak the noodles for 5
- Drain well and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the sunflower oil until very
- Add the lime leaves, red chillies and onion then stir-fry for
about a minute.
- Add the caster or palm sugar, coriander, fish sauce and prawns.
- Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Place the noodles to the pan or wok, toss well to combine and
stir-fry for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan or wok from the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to the serving bowls and serve.