- 400 g (14 oz) rice noodles (vermicelli)
- 2 X 305 g (10 oz) cans chicken soup cream
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 ¼ cups of chicken broth
- 1 chopped medium size onion
- ½ tablespoon atchuete powder (annatto)
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 kg (2 lb) pork, minced
- 1 kg (2 lb) cooked prawns (small)
For the garnish (optional)
- 3 hard boiled eggs (sliced)
- 2 chopped spring onions
- chopped fried garlic
- Pork rinds, crushed
- In a bowl with warm water, soak noodles for 5 minutes.
- Boil water in a large pot, place the noodles and cook until
- Drain well and rinse. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the garlic and
onion. Reserving half the mixture.
- Add the atchuete powder and the prawns.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in the same frying pan and brown the minced pork. Add
the remaining garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in chicken soup cream. Add the chicken broth. Stirring
constantly until sauce becomes thick. Set aside.
- Place the noodles in the serving plate, ladle soup over noodles.
- Place the prawn mixture on top.
- Garnish with egg, pork rinds, fried garlic and spring onions.