Philippine Long Life Noodles
||15 minutes + 20 minutes soaking
- 400 g (14 oz) pancit canton noodles
- 600 g (21 oz) peeled small prawns (shrimp)
- 8 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 4 finely chopped spring onions (scallions) chopped diagonally
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- In a heatproof bowl with boiling water, place the mushrooms and
soak for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Remove the woody stems and slice the caps thinly.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan with boiling water cook the
noodles for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of peanut oil and toss.
- Combine the oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, stock
and sesame oil.
- Heat a wok over high heat, add the remaining peanut oil and
swirl to coat.
- Cook the ginger and garlic for 30 seconds. Add the prawns and
stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, spring onion and oyster sauce mixture bring
to the boil for 1 minute.
- Add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes.