Pork and Brown Bean Noodles
||4 - 6
- 650 g (23 oz) minced ground pork
- ¼ cup brown bean sauce
- 500 g (18 oz) Shanghai noodles
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 6 sliced spring onions (scallions) separate the white and green
- ¾ cup of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 telegraph (long) cucumber
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- In a large bowl, place the hoisin sauces, brown bean, sugar and
- Stirring until smoth.
- Over high heat, heat a wok. Add the oil and swirl to coat.
- Place the garlic and the white portion of the spring onion and
cook for 10 - 20 seconds.
- Add the pork and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the brown bean mixture and simmer
for 7 - 8 minutes.
- In a large saucepan with boiling water, cook the noodles for 4 -
- Drain and rinse well. Divide the noodles into the serving bowls.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, using a teaspoon remove the
seeds and slice on the diagonal.
- Place in a bowl with bean sprouts, coriander, lime juice
and the remaining spring onion. Toss well.
- Spoon the brown sauce over the noodles and top with the cucumber