Prawn and Mango Noodle Salad
||25 minutes + 5 minutes soaking + chilling time
||No cooking required
||4 - 6
- 700 g (9 oz) peeled and chilled, cooked medium prawns (shrimp)
- 50 g (1 ¾ oz) mizuna
- 150 g (5 ½ oz) mung bean vermicelli
- 1 large ripe mango about 1 lb (¾ kg)
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of peanut oil
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup Vietnamese mint, chopped
- For the dressing, mix the lime juice, fish sauce, sweet chilli
sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and chilli in a bowl. Stirring until
sugar is dissolved.
- In a large heatproof bowl, place the noodles, add boiling water
and soak for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Cut the noodles into 10 cm (4 inch) lengths using a scissor.
- Transfer into a large bowl together with peanut oil. Toss to
- Peel and cut the mango into thin strips, about 3 mm (1/8 inch)
- Add to the noodles with the red onion, mint, coriander leaves
- Place the dressing into the salad and toss well.
- In a large serving plate, arrange the mizuna, place the salad on
top, garnish with chopped peanuts and serve.