Spicy Lamb and Noodle Salad
||15 minutes + 30 minutes marinating time + 5 minutes
- 500 g (17 oz) or ¾ kg (1 lb) fresh Shanghai noodles
- 80 g (2 ¾ oz) snow pea (mangeout) sprouts
- 2 lamb backstraps (about 250 g or 9 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ red capsicum (pepper), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 spring onions (scallions) thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- In a large non-metallic bowl, combine the five-spice powder,
garlic and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Place the lamb and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate for 30
- Fill the large saucepan with boiling water, cook noodles for 4 -
5 minutes until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the sesame oil and toss to combine thoroughly.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining vegetable oil.
- In a medium-high heat cook the lamb for 3 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes then slice thinly across the grain.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients and mix.
- In a large bowl, place the lamb strips, noodles, capsicum, snow
pea sprouts and the dressing.
- Toss gently until well combined.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.