Thai Fried Noodles
||30 - 35 minutes
||4 - 6
- 50 g (2 oz) fried bean curd
- 350 g (12 oz) rice noodles
- 16 pieces shelled, uncooked king prawns
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 115 g (4 oz) garlic chives, cut into 5 cm (2 inch) lengths
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 50 g (2 oz) coarsely ground, roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons pickled white radish
- 225 g (8 oz) bean sprouts
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimps
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, dark
- 1 kaffir lime, to garnish
- In a bowl with warm water soak the noodles for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- In a large frying-pan or work, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, add the
garlic and fry.
- Place the prawns to the pan and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat another 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying-pan or wok. Stir in
the eggs until scrambled. Transfer the egg to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same frying-pan or wok. Place the
pickled radish, dried chillies, bean curd and dried shrimps. Stir
- Add the noodles and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add half the beansprouts, half the peanuts and the garlic
- Add the granulated sugar, fish sauce, tamarind juice, and soy
- Mix thoroughly and cook until all ingredients are heated
- Bring the egg mixture and the prawns back to the frying-pan or
wok. Mix with the noodles.
- Garnish with the remaining peanuts, beansprouts and coriander
leaves then add kaffir lime.
- Transfer to the serving plates and serve immediately.