Udon Noodles in Broth
Udon Noodles in Broth is rated
based on 1 votes.
- 400 g (14 oz) fresh udon noodles
- 3 spring onions (scallions)
- 2 teaspoons dashi powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup Japanese soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin
- schichimi togarashi, to garnish (optional)
- Pour a large saucepan with 6 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Bring the heat to low then add the dashi powder, stirring until
- Trim 2 spring onions and cut into 4 cm (1 ½ inch) pieces.
- Place the onions to the dashi stock, add mirin, soy sauce and
sugar. Stirring thoroughly until mixed well.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the water to boil and cook
the noodles for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Place into four serving bowls. Slice the remaining spring onion
thinly and place on top of the noodles.
- Ladle the liquid on top and sprinkle with shichimi togarashi if